Friday, February 8, 2008

This time last year...



I had been in the hospital for 24 hours, high and groggy from the mag. I was in a good place emotionally, I had tons of family and friends coming in and out of my room bringing love, prayers, gifts and laughter. I was dialated to 3, but stable. I think that I was in total denial of what layed ahead for our family and I was completely ignorant to any and all aspects of prematurity. You see everything was going great until this point, so we had no need to ever explore the prospects of having a preemie. Yes, we were resting comfortably in the hands of our Lord...fully trusting in his plan.

I will try to post every day for the next two weeks for two reasons...

1.) to use this as some sort of therapy for myself, when this was all happening I just put on my game face and did what I had to do...I think I am just now starting to grieve what happened
2.) to give people MY perspective of what happened (not that any one cares...but hey, you are reading my blog!) : )

These were some pictures of today, just me and Dane hanging out in what used to be our pool table/game room...it is now Dane's game room!

2 comments:

Scott Heine said...

Wow. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts and memories. I remember the sense of sudden and totally radical life-changing change that took place with little D coming early. I remember the docs basically trying to slow everything down and hold on for a few more weeks, and how I assumed they'd be successful in a much longer delay.

I know I haven't said it enought: You guys are absolutely incredible. Not only do we love you as family, but you've been such heroes to me as I've watched you walk through the adventure God has for your life. I'm constantly amazed by your grace, your focus, your perseverance, and your love.

Anonymous said...

I remember visiting you a couple of days before this at the hospital, trying to bring some love from your Sisterchicks. I can't believe it has been a year my friend, I knew it was coming up but it's amazing what has been endured in that year. I remember looking at you and seeing your "game face" and thinking of how brave you were trying to be but deep down I think we both knew how scarry it all was.
It's hard to believe how great things have turned out for you guys & Dane, but on the other hand not so hard to believe because it shows just how great our God is and the miracles he can work.
I am sitting here right know with the biggest "holy bumps" I hope your blog much like mine has been is that needed therapy. I love reading it and seeing what Dane has been up to. And I can't agree with Scott more you guys are absolutely incredible, the amazing grace that you have shown is a great example to us all!!
Love ya!