Thursday, February 21, 2008

Developmental Evaluation

We bought him this snazzy little number, multi colored, it converts from a ride on toy to a push toy...pretty cool, right?
WRONG! He played with it for about 7 seconds then went straight back to chewing on his Dad's leather belt...maybe a chew toy from Petco would have been a bigger hit?!?



We took Dane on Monday to Phx. Childrens for his developmental eval., he will be evaluated there every 3-4 months until he turns two. Anywho....the lady sat and gave him all sorts of little tests, she watched the way he moved, how he pulled himself up, how he problem solved and stuff like that. They are going totally off his adjusted age of 9 months, and for everything except speech he is at a 10 month old level! She said again what we have heard so many other times, "he doesn't look like a 26 weeker with a grade IV bleed!"....ahhhh, music to my ears!

She said she is confident that he will be walking when she sees him again in four months! Too cool, huh?!? This little boy just amazes me, he is so full of it and determined to figure stuff out...it's like you can almost see that he has to work a little bit harder to get it, but once he does there is no stopping him. I can hear Dane having a melt down as we speak, I better go help out...maybe Daddy's leather belt will help. For him to chew on that is...I better watch what I say about Dad's leather belt, it could get us in trouble with CPS!

9 comments:

Jen said...

Hi, Nicole!! You probably don't remember me, my name is Jen and we met a couple of times at the Sisterchicks bible study when it was at Tracy's house. Anyway, I check in on your blog through hers and just loved reading this post! What an awesome little guy you have! God Bless!!!

Anonymous said...

what a cool thing!! It was such a blessing to see you guys last weekend...it amazes me how Dane is growing and learning. I am so happy that this evaluation went well...can't wait to hear more!!
Loves Ya
Tracy

Jamie and Jill said...

I need to get cught up on Dane....however, this post was amazing! I've said it before and I'll continue to say it....OUR GOOD IS SO GOOD! Dane is a true miracle and I am so proud of him. They say only the fighters survive...and we both know they we have VERY strong boys are our hands:)

Anyhow, let's definitely meet up at the walk. I'd love to meet you all....although I already feel like I know you and consider you a friend....it's the preemie bond we share:)

Jamie and Jill said...

Opps....I guess I should have re-read my last comment before posting it...sorry for the errors. I am sure you knew what I was trying to say:):):):)

Uncle Dick and Aunt Judie said...

Dear Nicole,
Just want to let you know that Uncle Dick and I enjoy reading your blogs about Dane... He truly is a miracle... I sent a copy of all your writing to Aunt Sally, she will really enjoy it.. Take care of that little boy and give everyone our love... Aunt Judie and Uncle Dick...
PS I know you dont remember us but you were just a little bit bigger than Dane when last we met.. Bye Bye.

Scott Heine said...

So unbelievably, awesomely, wonderfully, incredibly cool! God is great, and Dane continues to be the focus of our prayers. Love you guys!

Niki said...

Oh wow Nicole!!

What an amazing testimony you have? Aren't you just amazed by the goodness of God every single day. He's an awesome God.

Thanks for stopping by my blog too. I look forward to coming here and seeing your little miracle continually amaze everyone.

Lindsay said...

Truly out of this world amazing!!!!! Go God and Go Dane!

Stacy said...

OF COURSE DANE ROCKS - HE'S A ROBINSON!!! HA! Oh, and God has His mighty hand on this boy and has from the beginning...:)
SOO glad to hear that everything went so well at this appointment - God truly does have a reason, doesn't He? :)