Monday, February 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Dane!


Okay, so I am a day late...


We decided we needed to somehow go out and celebrate making it through the past year by going out to eat with the birthday boy. We went to Island's because they would reserve us a little table outside (to avoid the germs)...oh ya, our cutest friends in the whole wide world bought us a gift certificate too (Brian and Stacy). We went at 4:00 to avoid the crowds, sanitized the table and enjoyed each others company and the nice weather. We are going to have a real birthday party for him when RSV season is over, hopefully the beginning of May, it will also be a celebration of when he came home from the hospital. We did take some cup cakes to Pap Pap's and Grandma's and sang him happy birthday, of course he just wanted to grab the candle. He ate the entire cup cake too!


So last year...I woke up and was feeling better, I think that I had been off the mag like 6 hours so I could begin to feel my body coming back to life. Kelly had stayed the night with me and when she headed home in came the rest of the troops. I remember having an entire room full of people, and how great it was to be able to communicate with them! The morning went well, they got me up to walk around the nurses station and everyone was feeling hopeful. I was stable all was well, so everyone left to go have lunch...I should have known something was going to happen, remember what I said about being alone? Out of know where the contractions started, and they were fast and furious. One of the docs came in and checked and I was at 5 -6 centimeters, not good. Dane was in the breach position so a c-section was a must. I called Chad and he had to leave Gage and Katie in the waiting room, while they prepped me for surgery. Chad started calling everyone to come back...Dane wasn't going to wait any longer, he was coming NOW! It was like a scene from ER, they were literally running with me down the hallways. They threw some scrubs to Chad and told him to change and meet us in the O.R. (which has a VERY funny story of it's own, that I will only share in person!). There was no messing around I think that I was in the O.R. for like a minute and they were putting in the epidural, and unfortunately they were cutting me open before I had time to completely numb...I was in a lot of pain...last thing I remeber was thinking "this isn't how it happens on TLC's Baby Story!" Then it was lights out for me.


I woke up very confused in the recovery room, it took me a while to figure out what was going on. I had to remeber that I was pregnant, and went into preterm labor...and oh ya...I had a baby! The first thing I asked was how was the baby, the nurse said that he was stable in the NICU...then out of my mouth flew "well, God loves him more than I do...so he is in good hands"...I am quite sure that she was like "okay you big wacko", but that's how I was feeling, why I felt like I had to tell her is beyond me, maybe the drugs. I stayed in recovery, for a little longer than usual...I was very dizzy. Chad and Mom were in there with me...what else does a girl need? Maybe my Dad too, but the nurse was breaking the rules by letting my Mom in. They finally wheeled me to my room where again I was blessed with so many family and friends. I clearly remember feeling very smelly and in need of a good shower, everyone kept hugging and kissing me and all I could think about is how gross I must have smelled! I was still in denial of what it meant to have a baby at 26 weeks, but I was so full of peace from the Lord that I just wanted to take a shower!!!

No comments: