Sunday, June 1, 2008

You may have heard me say this before, but....This little boy amazes me! We were at the grocery store when he started making quite the scene over a picture of a baby in a magazine. So, once again, we showed him the sign for baby...which is folding your arms as if you were holding a baby and rocking. Well it finally clicked with him and he is now a "baby" signing fool. As you can see from the video, he shakes his head "no" when I keep asking him to sign "duck" (which he knows how to do)...but if you listen closely you can clearly hear him say duck. He has grown leaps and bounds in the past two weeks with his speech. He is clearly starting to mimic what we say to him. It is soooo exciting and one of the many "Thank you Lord" moments as we get to watch this miracle unfold right in our very own little house!


He is still very, very close to walking and has started taking one or two steps consistently between furniture with out holding on. He is extremely stubborn, and refuses to practice walking unless it is his idea and not ours! He is currently tempting his boundaries on behavior, which we are doing the best we can in being consistent...though it is very hard to keep a straight face when he is being a stinker! He already broke the first set of baby locks on our cabinets, and Chad just installed the new ones...hopefully they will last longer than the first ones! He favorite thing is taking everything out of the pantry, and when we ask him "who make this big mess?", he proudly raises his hand! We are baby sitting my Moms dog, and has been saying her name, Molly, like a pro...well at least he says "olley"...good enough for me~


We celebrated his "adjusted age" birthday party last weekend. We had his dedication at church, which was a tear jerker for me, then we had family and close friends over for some cake. Dane did great at the party, and let everyone hold and play with him. It was a great day, I only wish that we had the finances and the space to have invited more people to share in the celebration! I better go, I can hear Chad scolding Dane for getting into the garbage...he is worse than a dog when it comes to getting into the garbage!

We are really working on signing please and thank you, but as you can see from the video or if you have ever been around Chad and I, you know that we both seem to talk at the same time...so the fact that Dane can hold two conversations with us at once makes him a double genius!!!

7 comments:

Cathy said...

WTG Dane! As a mother to 27 week old triplets, I totally understand each HUGE step in a preemie's life.

I had a few things I would like to share with you. I noticed on one of your earlier posts that you were excited to skip RSV this season. I wanted to warn you that my kids received the synagis shots for their first two seasons. This was the first RSV season they were meds free. This is the first RSV season that two of mine were hospitalized. I don't mean to frighten you, but just caution you for the next few years!

As for his signing, that's wonderful! Have you ever watched Signing Time or Baby Signing Time with him? They are VERY addicting for both the children and parents. My boys started watching them at 1 year old and I just wish I had found them sooner. They are so advanced in their letters and numbers now and I owe a great deal of it to Signing Time (www.signingtime.com). Check it out, if you haven't already!!

Best of luck with your little miracle!

Lindsay said...

I love the video!!!! I totally heard duck and heard it clearly! Yea Dane! His baby sign is so precious!!!! Makes my heart smile!

Lindsay said...

P.S. You guys are going to confuse the heck out of him if you keep up with telling him two different things at once! LOL!!!!!!

Jen said...

That is adorable!!! Love his "baby" sign! He's too cute!

Scott Heine said...

Wow. So incredibly, unbelievably exciting! I LOVE the video! I'm sitting here all teary-eyed, missing you guys, loving this wonderful little boy that I've been praying for, wishing I could watch him sign and take those first steps in person. We love you!!!!

Brandie said...

Nickle Pickle...those were the yummiest muffins EVER! Thanks for having me over. It is always so amazing to watch Dane - he is growing and learning so much!

I worked with Ella on sign language when she was little. I LOVE the baby signing time videos. Andrea is borrowing mine at the moment, but if you want to give them a try - just let me know.

You are such an awesome mom and I am so blessed by your friendship.
Lots and Lots of love!
Brandie

Stacy said...

Dane the wonder boy!! I am LOVING every new step this boy takes (literally and figuratively)! His big eyes, his wide smile, his every expression, the adorable way he says "Vaaah-coom" (vaccuum) and the way he said my name (I KNOW he did!)
I will be praying for his appointment this next week. I am so blessed to be a part of the Robinson's lives - you ALL bring our family such joy!