Monday, June 23, 2008

Today is the first day that I have actually felt a lot better, I can have conversation with out my lungs burning. The way I figure it Dane is about 4 days behind me in this flu/chest cold thing. He still has a very nasty cough, but his lungs were clear when we took him to the doctors. (BTW, he weighs 25.5lbs!!!) He is back on breathing treatments, mostly for preventative reasons. He is a much better trooper than I, you barely know he is sick except at night when he tries to cough up all the junk in his chest. We are praying that it doesn't turn into anything worse.

When he is sick or very tired it really effects his motor skill, so he has been falling a lot...which he has actually gotten very good at. He does get frustrated because his body won't do what he wants it to do. Now that he has been walking for two weeks, we have noticed that his right foot is turned out and his right leg is a bit stiff. So, we will keep our eye on that to see if may need a little help with it. We are so proud of him!


2 comments:

Stacy said...

I am so thankful to hear that your family is finally getting back on track with health. It's such a drain (physically, emotioanally, etc) to be sick. I will continue to pray for a healthy summer and beyond for Dane and ALL the Robinsons!
And that boy is AMAZING to watch walk. It makes my heart swell up with a profound joy! Go God and go Dane!

Kim said...

I'm glad to see that Dane is on the mend from his illness. I loved watching the videos of him walking and signing.

Teaching my own children to sign was one of the best things I did for them when they were little. They were always able to communicate their needs, therefore, they never got frustrated or threw any tantrums.

I've been signing to my Chad for awhile now, hoping that one day, he'll sign back.

It was great hearing your voice on the video. Now, I can put a voice to the beautiful face.