Thursday, June 19, 2008

The never ending night

Well, I did it...I gave Dane my cooties. He started coughing pretty hard yesterday and I just knew that it wasn't going to be a fun night. He woke up crying and coughing after 15 minutes of sleep, when I went to pick him up he promptly vomited all over me. Now, I am not complaining, we have been so blessed that we haven't had any of the preemie eating, gagging, and vomiting issues. For so many preemies and their families vomiting is a part of the daily routine. I think that Dane must have steel guts, he eats and poops like champ...and has done so since he was in the NICU. With that said, curdled milk and half digested dinner down the INSIDE of your shirt is not cool. He was feeling better, but it took what felt like forever to get him back to sleep. I thought that I would share this cute picture so not to leave you with the mental picture I just created for you above. Then Gage came home from work to this, you guessed it folks, we have a revenge T.P.'ing at it's best. Yes, it sucked that he had to come home from work and clean this up, but the reality of war is not pretty. One of his best friend's that was involved in the initial attack that lead up to this revenge attack came over and helped clean up...there is one thing for sure, the bar has been raised and if I know my boy he will rise to the occasion. So the war will continue, consider yourself warned. Jade, Krystal and Allison!!! :) Gage has a job and plenty of money to buy loads and loads of toilet paper! This was written on the drive way, a cowardly move for sure! I personally think that this Bobby character has made himself a target fair and square...no pun intended of course.
Okay, getting back to Dane, he woke up with a fever and in need of a breathing treatment at around 3:00am. He seems to be a little better this morning but we are taking him to the doctors to be safe, though he has steel guts...his lungs are still a little lacking.

Hopefully, we will all rest well tonight!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nicole,
It's Karen. I finally figured out how to leave you comments! I always read your blogs every couple of weeks to see how Mr. Dane is doing! He is wonderful! Mike and I went through the RSV and home health nursing visits with Ethan. We were always worried that something would be wrong, or just not right developmentally. Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys always, and Dane is just adorable and beating all odds! How wonderful is that. Keep up the blog, I look forward to it! Love you,
Karen.

Jamie and Jill said...

WOW...what a night. I hope Dane is feeling MUCH better and I hope Gage got his revenge:)

Niki said...

Awww...I hope your little guy is feeling better. I am always so thrilled to read about his progress.

Be sure to post pics of Gage's revenge! :lol: