Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!





I think that Dane enjoyed his first Thanksgiving, though hopefully this Thanksgiving will not resemble Thanksgivings in the future! Hopefully next year we will be with all of our family where he can play with his cousins, aunts, uncles, and of course Grandma and PapPap! His lungs will be healthy and strong enough to handle a flu bug. Until then we spent today playing games and eating, avoiding "large crowds and small children", you guessed it at home! Since this is one of the few occasions that I knew that all five of us would be home together with out interuption...I forced the gang to head down the street to the park for some family photos. Gage complained the most...he used to be the one that LOVED to get his picture taken but he will be 17 in 6 weeks and the time of me forcing family photo shoots are coming to end...and too quickly for my liking! Anyway, Dane for the most part was more facinated with everything but the camera, we did manage to get some decent pics. We have a had a day full of laughter none the less...we all laughed so hard we cried during dinner, but that is a story that you had to be there to appreciate so I will spare you the details...just know it included 3 of us spitting food on our plate.


I have given the kids an assignment to make a list of the top 10 things they are thankful for, it should be interesting what they come up with this year. I remember when they were both little and you would get a turkey of their hand print sent home with the fingers/feathers filled in with all that they were thankful for, the lists were always sweet and simple...you know, Mom and Dad, house, food, water, and God were pretty much always the list. We will see if those will still round out the top 10!


So much to be thankful for this year, I'll spare you my list because it's a doozey!

1 comment:

Scott Heine said...

One of my greatest reasons for gratitude this Thanksgiving is you guys. I know I've said it before, but your friendship is so very special to me. I love you and I miss you! I continue to pray for you all -- and especially little D -- and am so excited to hear how God is leading you through this adventure. Happy Thanksgiving!