Friday, November 16, 2007

Happy 6 months! (adjusted age that is!)





Dane turned 6 months old, well if he were born when he was supposed to be that is! We had his nine month check up last week and he weighs 19.5lbs! He is in the 25th percentile for weight and 50th percentile for height...and that is for his actual age!!! So basically he has more than caught up to his peers in size! Developmentally he is 6 months, give or take a couple weeks. We are working on getting him up on all fours, which he will tolerate for a while then he kicks back out of it. We are also working on positioning him in ways to NOT let him arch his back...which is something that he has recently started and it's not a good thing. He has also learned that he can fight his positioning during physical therapy, his last session he spent crying and fussing. It's going to be an uphill battle and he is going to need to continue to be a little fighter, so I guess all that fussing is a good thing. I have to say that it breaks my heart to see him so miserable during therapy, but the fact of the matter is that I know that it is the best for him and I am soooo thankful that we have been able to have him in early intervention so early. He has cut his two bottom teeth and I think that he is working on his top two, he has been a bit grouchy so I am blaming it on his teeth...it couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact that he just may be a tad bit spoiled. ;)


Dane also had his first RSV shot, which he will be getting every 29 days until the end of March. We have met our deduct able for this year, but starting in January we will have to pay the co pay for the shots...and our co pay PER shot is going to be $463.00! Fun huh? Right after Christmas and Gage's birthday. I was freaking out a bit, because we don't have an extra $463.00 per month in our budget...but somehow God ALWAYS provides, do you ever have those months where you look at your budget on paper and you are absolutely mind boggled over how in the world you are making it? Well this entire year has been like that, and here I sit, another month with all the bills paid! God is good!

2 comments:

Brandie said...

Wow Nelly - those shots are not cheap! Hopefully, they will work at keeping Dane healthy this RSV season...I've been wondering if it is going to be late because the weather is so warm????

Oh, how I miss you all! Wishing you all a blessed Thanksgiving. Know how thankful I am for you my friend.

Love to all 5 of you!
B

Stacy said...

Daner Man,
You have already been such a brave, strong boy, and now you are handling your new shots just like the trooper you've ALWAYS been! :) Your Mommy and Daddy, and your sister and brother, love you SO very much and love every moment of joy you bring in their lives! This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for you, little (or not so little :) Dane Robinson. I am looking foward to getting to watch you grow - you and my son are going to have so much fun together! :)