Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Got Kleenex?

My sweet Aunt Terry forwarded me this the other day. She warned me that I would need tissues before I opened...boy that was an UNDERSTATEMENT! I started watching it the other day when I realized that I needed to continue watching on a non make-up day! So, this morning I sat down to watch the entire video (it's about six minutes long) and was in awe of what a wonderful job this father did of telling this heart breaking yet miraculous story. It was worth every tear...after watching the story, please come back so I can share a quote from the father of Eliot.


http://www.ignitermedia.com/products/iv/singles/570/99-Balloons


After watching the video I clicked on to Eliots blog page. I was inspired and wanted to share this entry. Eliot's father, Matt Mooney wrote:

"Ginny and I were recently reminiscing how we looked forward to checking comments when Eliot was here. It was amazing to see folks flock to the site and check in on a boy that most of them had never actually met. He had that way with people. We quickly learned that this whole thing was beyond us. A story was unfolding and we got to take part.Some of our favorite e-mails came from those who noted that they were not “religious” or told us how they “were not sure they fit in this group”; but they went on to tell how Eliot had taught them something or just brought a smile to their face. Some even elicited how they could not believe they were reading a blog that was written by a Christian living in the South. But all were drawn in some way to something. Eugene Peterson says it this way:“Everytime someone tells a story well, the gospel is served” All we have done is tell a story. The story of our son. And, oh, what a story it is. I have purposely made strides to downplay the God-card. This was simply because all I could do was get in the way with my feeble attempts. God was in the story. He did not need to be exposed. If you have found yourself drawn to this story and not really knowing why, I humbly propose that my son is only a vehicle to proclaim a story greater than his own. There is someone who loves you with a love larger than ours for Eliot. There is one who takes you with all of your flaws and delights in all that you are. He sings over you when you sleep and hems you in while awake. He destroys the worth-measures of man and pronounces you worthy. He is Jesus. He is the only way we have made it thus far and our only hope for tomorrow. Thank you, Matt & Ginny Mooney"

We too know that God has used Dane's story to reach people, I will never forget right after Dane was born my friend Beth telling me that people are talking to God...praying for Dane...people that haven't talked to God in a very long time if not ever. Right there I knew what ever heart ache that we were going to endure was going to bring glory to God. I totally underestimated how Jesus would reveal himself through Dane's story...but then I realized that Christ's hand is in ALL of our stories, we just need to take the time to share our stories and He will get the glory. Like Matt Mooney said..."God was in the story, He did not need to be exposed".

No comments: