Monday, November 26, 2007

Cousins




Yesterday we decided to get out of the house TOGETHER...what a concept, huh? So, we walked down to the park by our house, loaded with blankets and munchies! Dan, Kelly and the girls joined us for some well needed time together. Since Dane has been born we haven't been able to hang out like we used to, so during RSV season we will have to take full advantage of good weather days at the park. It was great to see Mallary, she is already smiling which is about the cutest thing in the world...I don't care if you have a normal full term baby or a preemie with potential disabilities, there is a small boulder lifted off your shoulders when you get the first smile from your little one. I remember when we got our first smile from Dane, I was so thankful for an answered prayer, my continous prayer was that he would have the ability to love us back and that first "real" smile was like a big ol pat on the back from God reminding me that he was still in control. I was glad to get to celebrate in Mallary's smiling chubby face!




Our sermon in church yesterday was about complaining...after really thinking about how much complaining that I do I realized that I am a big complainer of little things that I really have no control over, most of the things that I complain about are the minor things in my life. When it comes to the big things I tend to see my glass as half full, quick to give thanks for the good that I know will come out of the situation at hand. But, boy oh boy, do I need to work on not complaining about the little things. Pastor Trev said "complaining stops our becoming who God wants us to be." Another subtle thump on the head I needed from God, reminding me to be joyful in all situations...no more WINE with my cheese...heck I would rather have a beer anyway!

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hey! It was so great to get to sit down and catch up on reading blogs and hear what your family is up to! Those are great family pics! What a beautiful/handsome family you have!!!!!!!
I am waiting to come back and watch that video. Just not in a crying mood at the moment, but I am curious to see it and read the rest of that blog!
We missed being at church on Sunday! Sounds like it was a good one! We will be glad to get back to church when we get home! Can't say much for the church on this little island.
Happy belated Thanksgiving!
Love to you!!!!

Lindsay said...

Hey! It was so great to get to sit down and catch up on reading blogs and hear what your family is up to! Those are great family pics! What a beautiful/handsome family you have!!!!!!!
I am waiting to come back and watch that video. Just not in a crying mood at the moment, but I am curious to see it and read the rest of that blog!
We missed being at church on Sunday! Sounds like it was a good one! We will be glad to get back to church when we get home! Can't say much for the church on this little island.
Happy belated Thanksgiving!
Love to you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Complaining does have a way of "bogging" us down...I have tried really hard this past year with everything going on not to let it happen....but I will be the first to admit that it creeps in! I love your family pics....I can't believe how big Dane is looking...and how much he looks like Chad!! Hope we can get together soon & chat!!
Love your fellow Barista!!!

dbkinsella said...

Thanks for including me in your updates on Dane. I am so happy to see how big he is getting. I love your insights, humor...when you are ready to give up the barista gig maybe you will have a new career as a writer. Move over Beth Moore! ;) The video was powerful. May RSV season pass quickly for all of you! Hope to see you soon.

David

Stacy said...

Wow...you've been a busy blogger. I love your outlook on life Nickle Pickle. As a matter of fact, Bri and I were talking about your's and Chad's preemie story the other day and how our own faith was boosted by how your family chose to respond to the experience of Dane's early coming. I thought of your family all during Thanksgivng too - glad to see that everyone had a good time (and I CAN'T wait to hear the story of the spit-out food) and that you were able to get out of the house for some park time that weekend! :) MUCH, MUCH blessings...love ya and look foward to seeing you soon!

Kelly said...

Ahh!! Great blog on the cousins. We are truly blessed to have our kids and eachother. We love you!

Kelly said...

Okay, I'm officially caught up on Dane's blog. Can I be his favorite again? I'll never get tired of telling people about God and the miracles He gives us each day.