Thursday, September 20, 2007

Pooped out



(Well...Daddy reads when he has to go poop, so we thought we would give it a try! Sorry too much info!???!)




We have spent the past couple of days trying to get our little guy to poop...and after two servings of prunes, lots of applesauce, and a good book we are all pooped out...literally! Thank goodness, he seemed to be in a lot of pain and would start to cry and squeez whatever was in reach...and let me tell you he has quite a grip! We are very spoiled with his laid back character, if he is fussy it's because he's hungry, tired, or poopy (or lack of poopy). Hopefully tomorrow he will be back to his normal easy going self!


We are working on strengthening his "core"...I know, sounds like Pilate's, but that's what we are working on for his trunk control so he can learn to sit up. He is doing a lot better with his hands and is grabbing at toys with both of his hands, though he favors his left more. His right side of his neck is still a little tight, so we continue to work on stretches and have to keep using his "zacky hand" when he is in his car seat or his bouncy chair because if we didn't have something next to his head...he would constantly have a head tilt. But overall he continues to keep chugging alone and amazes us everyday! I am so thankful for all the little things that I don't even think that I ever took time to notice with my other kiddos. Little, things like using his hands to try to put things in his mouth...I don't think that I ever thought twice about any developmental milestone with Gage or Katie, probably a good thing. If I knew then what I know now, I am sure that I would have thought that they both were going to have Cerebral Palsy or some other problem! But, on the good side...I don't take ANYTHING this child does for any less then a miracle...and what a blessing to witness a miracle everyday!






4 comments:

Tabitha said...

Re: pooping, A4 was a once-every-other-day pooper. But inevitably, he would go right after his bath. Something about that warm water, then being all nice and clean, it was hard to resist! :) Hope his bowel issues "work themselves out," so to speak! :) Love the updates!!!

Stacy said...

Yeah for Poopy!! I am SOO glad that the Daner man is continuing to hum along. He is a constant source of amazement and happy stuff for me - thanks for sharing!! Give the little man a hug for me! :)

Unknown said...

How totally sweet (the pics/your blog...not necessarily this issue) ;-) I popped over from Pastor Scott's blog (from his new church) and my heart went out to you! I LOVE little guys who struggle (have spent twenty years helping families help them grow into their potential)...bless you guys on your journey. He is precious!

Brandie said...

Pooey issues (that is Ella's new word for it) - no fun! Jeff would laugh because I always say - leave it to moms to blog about that stuff. :0) Now, I'm not alone!!

Hugs and kisses to your little guy.
I'm loving the updates!
:0)

B