Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Rocking and worrying


Now that Dane is more stable when sitting, he has started rocking himself back and forth. He freaked me out pretty good when he started doing it. I know that rocking can be an early sign of autism, but I have to stay positive and pray that he is just exploring his new found ability to sit and move his trunk. Yet another balance I need to find of being realistic to what Danes future could be, yet not getting discouraged and reliving the moment that we found out he had a grade IV bleed every time he does something that doesn't seem "normal"...it's the balance of knowing that Dane may have disabilities mild or severe and my spiritual knowledge that God is in control and has chose our family to be blessed with this tiny guy that has already beaten the odds. So here I am again, after a day of useless worrying, I gave this issue back to God and that is where I found peace. God constantly reminds me that he is in control, my job is to love Dane & teach him to love God and others...it's that simple, rocking or no rocking, cerebral palsy or no cerebral palsy, autism or no autism...etc. It's just that simple.

Thank you Lord for reminding me of this in your awesome loving way.

5 comments:

Brandie said...

I remember Ella rocking herself back and forth before she learned to crawl. She did it a lot!
I was totally oblivious that it could be a sign of something more...maybe your little guy will be moving on to crawling soon?
God IS in Control! I love your heart Nickle Pickle...your one awesome mom!

Andrea said...

Isn't it awesome that we have a BIG God that can carry the load of such stressful situations so we don't have to? Sometimes I just stand in awe of Him and the power He holds.

Kudos to you for your attitude, your commitment, your incredible faith, and your amazing mommy-heart. You are such a wonderful example to me of what a great mom looks like. :)

Anonymous said...

such an awesome attitude...one that all of us can learn from for everything in our lives! He is growing up so fast and becoming such a little man!!!
I think he is just learning to be a rockin' Robinson!!

Stacy said...

I could NOT believe that big boy yesterday - sitting up on his own! And I love how quickly he goes from "boo-boo face" to big grins! Your trust of God's plan and provision have been, and continue to be, a light to all around you! :)

Kellars Mommy said...

I found your blog through another preemie blog...I look forward to reading up on your little one..My son has started *shaking* his head back and forth and it has me worried sick and like you I have to remind myself that God is in control and only he knows Kellars future...