Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I know, I know...




It's been a while since I have posted...I was off of work for two weeks, busy with ortho and dental appointments for Gage and katie, and I was really sick for about five days of my time off. Well, Dane turned 5 months (adjusted age) on Oct. 15th. He is doing great, he can sit unsupported for about 30 seconds...sometimes longer. He is using his hands a lot more and seems to have much better control of them. His right hand is still a little tighter than the left, when he grabs for stuff with his right hand it's hard for him to completely straighten his fingers...BUT he is using his right hand and that is great! If he has something under his belly, he will get up on all fours and rock...but it is not very often. He just doesn't seem to interested in crawling or scooting, but we continue to encourage him during tummy time.

We took some pictures this morning with his early intervention therapist, she had him sit and bounce on the ball to work on strengthening his trunk. He was looking handsome in his outfit that was bought buy Aunt Sally and cousin Julie, I put his matching hat on and this was the response I got! I took the hat off and he immediately gave me a big smile! (I thought the hat was cute, but I suppose that is a Mom thing.)


4 comments:

Brandie said...

5 months old already!
I was so excited to see you both at the park a few weeks ago. Pictures are great but nothing compares to an in-person visit!
Hopefully, I'll be able to stop in sometime...
Love ya,
B
PS
Cute outfit - I loved the hat too!

Andrea said...

Good grief! I LOVE THAT HAT! :)

Anonymous said...

so I love the hat...but it looks like Little Man could do with out it!!!

Lindsay said...

I continue to be amazed at what Dane can do! He is running at a pace that only God can give him! What a testimony! How funny is that face with the hat on and the drastic difference of no hat on! Love it!