Sunday, October 7, 2007

More new milestones!




Dane has started to make a new noise, we call it a zurber...but I know our family has some "unique" sayings. You may call it a rasberry sound ...anyway he is also making a kissy noise, I tried to snap the picture while he was doing it. This is another thing that may not seem like a big deal, but for Dane it's another milestone that we didn't know when or if he would make! Yet another celebration for our family as our little man did a zurber and a kissy face!




Two big milestone were reached this week, except this time the milestones were for Chad and I...First, Dane had his first sleep over at Grandma'a and PapPap's house! I can't believe how at ease I was, I really wasn't worried at all. He did great, slept all night and was generally his happy self! We went to an improve show with Brian and Stacey, it was just like the show "who's line is it anyway?", we laughed so hard! I can't wait to go back with a big group of people, it was a totally kid friendly act so we are looking forward to bringing Gage and Katie. It was great to get out, we haven't done anything since Dane came home from the hospital. The other milestone was letting Gage get his license! He is officially driving and unlike Dane having a sleep over, I am NOT totally at ease with this! Poor kid has to call me when gets to work, when he leaves work, and there is a chance I may call him during his drive to work! I know I am a nut, but it's been tougher than I thought to let my big boy drive by himself, at the same time I am ever so thankful that he is able to get his license, have a job and be independent...one of the many things since I had Dane that I never thought twice about.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

We had SOO much fun with you that night! You WERE calm, amazingly so, about Daner's first night out. I'm SO glad to hear that he did So well.
FYI, we stopped by to see Gager on Saturday night at Family Christian! So fun! :)

Scott Heine said...

Aw, man. I wish Margo and I could have been there with ya. We miss you guys so much, and I would have loved a night out with you just laughing and enjoying each other. Hmm. Maybe we need to find a way to sneak back to Arizona soon...?

Andrea said...

I love Dane's eye. They are so big and beautiful. He's really quite a handsome little guy! :) He must take after his mommy...I've always thought you had beautiful eyes too. :)