Monday, April 20, 2009

2009 Team Great Dane!!!

WOW!!! What a turn out we had! Our team had over 50 walkers including all the kids! We have so far raised a total of $2800...and we are still collecting money, so if you haven't had a chance to donate our team is still web page will be open until the end of May. We had a lot of fun, and we were once again humbled by all the family teams walking in memory of their babies that didn't make it. My favorite part of the day was when our entire team crossed the finish line together...with our team captain, the great Dane, walking across the finish line first. The little boy born 14 weeks early who suffered so much brain damage that he wasn't supposed to walk...led his March of Dimes team across the finish line at the age of two!!! God is good, and we have much to be thankful for!

I know that Dane looks exceptionally happy in this picture...okay he looks like he is shooting poison darts from his eyes...but I wanted to let you know that he was soooo happy to get out of the stroller and run around, and I cut his fun short by making him sit down for some pictures. I know, I am a big old meany.

















Thank you so much to ALL of you who made this possible, I had so much support this year! My entire Starbucks team walked! My Mom, Kelly, Karin, and Tracy all stepped up to make this walk a success! To everyone who donated money: THANK YOU!!! Together we are fighting against premature births, and helping all babies have a healthy start!
I'll post again soon, we have lots going on to tell you about...Easter, Gage's prom, Dane's first day in Sunday school, and Chad and I's new ministry adventure! Stayed tuned...






1 comment:

Jamie and Jill said...

WOW...what a HUGE team! I got tears in my eyes picturing Dane walking across the finish line. Our God is so good!

OMG...I am a belly toucher too:) I didn't think anything of it! You are too funny!!!!