Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's that time again...and yes, I know that we are all feeling the effects of the current conditions of the economy. Chad's business is officially no more, so we are feeling the crunch in a huge way too...but God is bigger than all this and I have faith that we will still have a great turn out for our walk this year! You all know why we support March of Dimes, but I would like to tell you why this year is different. As we are all too aware, the State of Arizona is experiencing its largest budget shortfall in its history. A few of the programs important to the March of Dimes are faring well in these turbulent times. Kids Care, a program that provides health insurance to approximately 65,000 kids was facing cuts from the budget, but thanks to the March of Dimes and many other organizations, this program has been reinstated. The March of Dimes is still waiting to hear the latest on the New Born Screening programs. We’re hopeful for good news about this program. We thank you March of Dimes for all of your efforts for babies and children! The state has most recently cut therapies for many, many children in the state...Dane is one of those children. It is big advocates like the March of Dimes that will be there campaigning against these cuts.

We ask you to prayerfully consider donating to our team, and even better to sign up to be a walker! We had a blast last year at the walk, it's only a 4 mile walk, and it starts early so it won't take up your entire day...I think that we were home last year by 11:30am!

If you would like to donate please click on my March of Dimes badge on the right!

Please enjoy this video!!!





1 comment:

Yoojin Lee said...

Hi Nicole,
I found your blog through your inspire.com post. I had googled "miracle stories of babies with IVH" because I gave birth to our baby last month (almost 37w, so technically almost out of the preemie zone), and the doctors told us he had suffered IV IVH inutero.

It has been a rollercoaster of a ride so far (I'm sure you know all too well the devastation and elation of the NICU stay), and my husband and I have been thirsting so much for contact w/ other parents of a baby w/ same dianosis. I feel like God led me to your site. I've only read a couple of posts, but an SO encouraged to see your precious Dane doing so well. Praise God! I am now even more hopeful that we can see a similar story in our Mattie.

I look forward to reading your story, and learning about your boy's progress. If you have time and would not mind emailing me, I would be so happy. We have been wondering what raising Mattie will be like, so any stories you might share would be very much appreciated. My email is yoojin228@hotmail.com.

Again, thanks for sharing your story here. I had sent out emails to family and friends, but blogging would make it easier to update them, now I can see :)

Yoojin