Monday, August 4, 2008

Developmental Evaluation #3

Sorry I have done such a cruddy job of posting, these are my excuses: our Internet has been going crazy, I think that we have been off line more than on line the past couple of weeks, and we have been getting ready for back to school for Gage and Katie. Katie started school today and Gage starts tomorrow. I will miss my helpers, especially Katie, they have been a big help around the house and with entertaining Dane.

Today was Dane's third developmental evaluation with Phoenix Children's Hospital, I really like getting feed back from the therapists there...the majority of kids they see are former preemies, so they really understand the development of these little miracle kids. Well, besides her immediate response to how huge Dane is (she said that we should do a study on him, he is the biggest preemie she has seen!) she was amazed with his progress. She put him through lots of little tests and then scored him in all of his developmental areas. They go off of his adjusted age of 14 1/2 months, and his lowest score was 15 months! The majority of his scores were at 17-19 months!!! AMAZING!!! Thank you Jesus!!! She was impressed with his sign language, and how he stacked blocks like a pro, he also went up and down the therapy stairs while only holding on with one hand...very fancy stuff! She wasn't that concerned with his wobbliness (I think that I just made that word up), because he has only been walking for two months. She feels that we can back off a little on his PT too, so I think that we may go to twice a month on that. We celebrated his awesome report card with an iced americano and some apple juice...not mixed together of course!
I felt an overwhelming urge to praise God as we left Phoenix Children's...so I put on a CD and sang worship songs very loudly and yes, very out to tune...but I know that God has ears to only hear my heart...to which we are both thankful! It is truly a miracle to watch how Dane has been healed. I am not in denial to what problems may lie ahead for our journey, but I trust in God's plan and know that any future heart ache will only draw us closer to Him.

BTW, his hair is growing out and I think that it looks much better and I am no longer angured with Chad when I see his little head!

Pictures to come soon!

8 comments:

Scott Heine said...

This is such INCREDIBLE news! Praise God for his continued outpouring of blessings! (Now if only we were there to share that Americano & Apple Juice with you guys...)

Brandie said...

WOO-HOO! I'm doing my happy dance for you right now!

I can't wait to come by and see Dane soon.

Lots of love,
B

Tabitha said...

WOW!!! You go, Dane, with your bad self!! How exciting!!
Hope the back-to-school transition is going well...
wanted to drop by so you could swing by my blog, if you want...
www.proudgrits.blogspot.com
I'm even doing a giveaway right now! :)
-Tab

Jen said...

That is such awesome news!!! Go, Dane!!

Anonymous said...

Praise Jesus!!! What awesome news...he is such a miracle straight from God!

Sorry I have not commented lately, major internet issues! How's Starbucks??

Niki said...

Praise the Lord!!!!!!

I am always so blessed by Dane's progress!

Unknown said...

I now have read your life in Holland (I love it:o)...What a miracle Dane is and I can't wait to meet him. I am so touched by your strength & faith, I know you probably are such a wonderful witness to so many! God Bless you Nicole & your family!

Unknown said...

Hi Nicole,

I came across your blog while doing research for Phoenix Children's Hospital. Your story about Dane was very touching and I think it'd help give hope to other parents in similar situations. PCH has set-up a website that allows parents, patients and hospital staff to share their inspirational stories with others. I think that your story would make a great addition to the website.

The website is an interactive time-line that shows stories over the 25 years that PCH has been operating. The website can be found at the following URL:

www.celebratepch.com

I hope that you will consider sharing your inspiring story with others.

Brandon