Friday, January 18, 2008

The kitchen flood

For those of you who checked out Stacy's blog, and heard about our lovely morning together...there is a little more to the story!

Not only did I manage to flood my kitchen and potentially ruin my 6 month old new Pergo floor, but I also managed to somehow get a pound of nicely whipped butter all over my floor as well. After dropping the five gallon bottle of O Premium water all over my floor, I foolishly decided to start on the cookies for Gage's party (Nerd alert...yes, I still baked cookies for his party even though he turned 17) I started creaming the butter with the mixer and stopped to walk Stacy to the door. As I said goodbye we hear "bam....boom...clank, clank, clank". We new it wasn't gong to be pretty, but we boldly walked back into the kitchen to face the noise. My hand mixer had fallen over, resulting in my mixer, the bowl, and creamed butter all over the floor we had just spent all the time cleaning up. We both decided I had better go back to bed and start the day over, I did stop everything and made myself a wonderful cup of coffee...I even put real sugar and cream in it...I drank my coffee and felt my soul lifted with the awesome taste of my little liquid drug of choice. Then all was well in the world. I finished the cookies, and the rest of the day was a great success.

These are the lessons I learned that day:

1. I am a big weakling and I will leave the duty of changing the water bottle to Gage and Chad.


2. Towels are faster than a shop vac.


3. Don't leave your hand mixer balancing on the counter with a bowl of butter.


4. Drink your coffee before doing any activity!


5. If your going to have a day of kitchen disasters, have Stacy there to share in the laughter!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

So funny! I do feel bad for what you went through though! Just wish I could have been there too! LOL!

Kim said...

Ahh, coffee...it's a God send. Glad you could laugh at the situation. It could have be worse. Could have been a really nice bottle of wine that spilled. Water, not a problem.