Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Spreading some cheer!

We are one of the mission families for the March of Dimes, we attended a "jail and bail" event last week at one of the local restaurants. Danes personal info was on all of the mailings that went out, so it was great for Dane and I to meet the people that showed up to raise money. My Mom came and helped too, it was an awesome experience and volunteering really keeps me passionate about prematurity. I met a couple that had just recently lost triplets, they were born at 24 weeks and they all passed at different times. It was heartbreaking as she looked at Dane coloring at the table and started to cry, I am sure that she was thinking of what may have been for her babies. It was a swift kick to me, Dane is doing so well I almost forgot of what could have been for him too. Okay...on to the cheer I promised in my title!!! This is a picture of Dane posing with the restaurant managers. Yes, the look on his face was like, "Mom, who the heck are these people?"



Okay, so yes, we do have the ultimate couch potato coffee table...it pops up so that you can eat while sitting at the couch and you guessed it... while watching TV too. Anyway, Dane thought that he would test the limits the other day by trying to crawl in.

And being the great Mom I am, I thought I'll take pictures and blog about it! I know that he is thinking, "I can't believe that Mom is letting me sit here...I better at least be cute"
Don't you know that if you are one year old no one can see you if you can't see them...This is what he did when I sternly asked him what he was doing in there. Clearly he can not be seen in this picture, where did he go?

"Here I am!" Yes, even after that big old grin, I still made him get out. I am so mean.

Here is little sample of what a little yapper he has become!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HELLO!!!! I can't believe how big Dane is getting!!! Looks like you guys are doing well....maybe I will see you soon! Have a great Christmas!
Love Ya

Jamie and Jill said...

He is such a cutie!

I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!