Saturday, April 19, 2008

Thank you team "Great Dane"!!!

Here is our team Captain!


This is the back of our t-shirts...we wanted to give everyone our definition of what a "Great Dane" is! Our team started to assemble, we had to get our Starbucks first though...it was worth being a little late!


Tonya & Jenn, my fellow Starbuckians! (I love that I got Team John in the background!!!)
Dane after the walk, he was VERY happy to be out of his stroller!
The fam...
Team photo...minus my brother Mark and sister in law Sandra, today was their anniversary so they left early to be schmoopy with each other! Happy Anniversary guys!
We raised a total of $3,210!!! Thank you all so much for donating, the generosity of my friends and family amazes me. You know what else amazes me? The wonderful team of walkers that got up very early on a Saturday morning to walk to raise money and awareness of prematurity. My poor Mom couldn't be there, she got the nasty flu bug early in the morning...we missed you Mom! Shera also just got out of the hospital after suffering a scarey migrain and couldn't make it, so we missed you too Shera!


Besides the love of family and friends the other great part of the walk was that I got to meet John's Mommy, I have been following his blog since Dane came home from the hospital. Her blog was one of the first one's that I found, I was instantly taken back by her love for little man who also fights hard everyday to over come his prematurity. John was a 24 weeker and has over come so much! John's link is on my page if you want to pop in and show his blog some love.


I also met Tiffany, Mommy to preemie triplets...yikes! One of her triplets also had a grade IV brain bleed and is doing really well. I would have loved to stay and chat with the other NICU Momma's but kids were growing tired and needed naps.


Of course PETA was there to protest and hand out copies of a dime with blood spilled on it...nice huh? They are upset that March of Dimes does has funded testing and some of that testing has been on animals. I am sorry but a bunch of 19 year old PETA activists just aren't going to persuade me to not support this cause. SO THERE PETA!!!


So, to our team captain...the "Great Dane":


We love you and we can't imagine our family with out you, we did all this in celebration of your life!!!


5 comments:

Lindsay said...

That is amazing! I have good bumps-- as I call them! What a cool experience! Are you doing it again next year? So glad you were able to raise so much money for such a GREAT cause! :)

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO!!! Sounds like it was an awesome day...wish I could have been there to walk! Thanks for sharing the pics they are great!

Brandie said...

All of us Grays were thinking of you walkers this morning!

I know that Dane will be so proud of you - looking back on all these pictures some day! What a blessing you are to him!

Love YOU TOO!!
((HUGS)),
B

Stacy said...

HOORAY FOR MARCH FOR BABIES DAY!!!!! So glad that my hubby could represent and be there with all of you walkers on that morning! What a privelage to be a part of the march and also to know the happy and amazing and truly great Dane!! Joshua told me just today how happy he is that God brought Dane to be his buddy!!

Jamie and Jill said...

That is to funny that we are in the background....if you look real close you can see John's little head:)

It was really good to finally meet you. There is a special bond between moms of preemies and I know we'll be friends forever.

Congrats on raising soooooooooo much money.