Thursday, August 30, 2007

3 shots in the thigh!


I snapped this pic in the doc's office before the shots...how come babies are so stinkin happy before shots!!! Then other one is the result of the shots...a very sleepy wonderfully grouchy boy!

Well, yesterday Dane received his six month shots and he was a trooper...until today! Yesterday he slept most of the day and so far today you can tell that he just isn't feeling too hot (unless I am carrying him around with me, not sitting, CARRYING). He had PT with Miss M. and was very grouchy, so I held him while she worked with stretching him. I have to say how thankful I am that we have such a great physical therapist, she sincerely cares about Dane and I love how excited she gets when he does something new. Even though he wasn't feeling like himself, he managed a few smiles for Miss M!!! What a guy!

His weight as of yesterday was 16lbs 6oz! He is in the 30th percentile for his weight...and that is for is chronological age...not his adjusted age! This is HUGE, most micro preemies won't catch up for at least a year or two!!! He is also right on track developmentally for his adjusted age, he is doing everything that a "normal" 3 month old should is doing, he is even ahead on some things. I can't tell you how proud I am of him, he has had a tough little life and has proven to be such a fighter!

No comments: